I entered this world on Good Friday of 1987. I must have been aware of the goodness of this day, as I apparently smiled at my family upon observing them for the first time. Although this memory is admittedly a bit fuzzy.
My first twelve years was a fulfilling, appetizing Eden in which I happily dwelt with hardly a concern. Alas. Struggles happen; struggle remains.
Over these last dozen-plus years, I’ve grown to truly cherish those first twelve. Since leaving Eden, I’ve wandered up the most glorious mountain peaks and down through the most dreaded chasms.
Along the way has been plenty to observe and absorb, an abundance of sights and experiences to both disappoint and inspire. And opportunities abound to create with the very inspiration with which we ourselves were formed.
From deserts to river basins, we may lock arms as brothers to those walking their own winding paths. They may only walk with us a little while before disappearing around the bend; others still may walk with us for much longer. But blessed are those moments when old familiar faces step back alongside us on our respective journeys.
Despite our inevitable struggle, we must keep treading the path created for us. We must persevere, trust.
We must dream — until our wandering souls return to Eden and we find rest once more. Forever.
I categorize my blog posts into six primary categories, each consisting of sub-categories:
- WANDERER – journal-like chronicles of the twists and turns of my restless, twenty-something life
- OBSERVER – casual and serious takes on news, pop culture, and my views of this world
- STRUGGLER – nitty-gritty dives into my personal battles
- BROTHER – relational insights and open letters
- CREATOR – poetry, short stories, and other delvings into authorhood
- DREAMER – future aspirations and goals